Saturday, December 13, 2008

Today's Outfit - Casual Cashmere Evening Out with Friends





So we're heading out with our friends to night for dinner. There's this wonderful little restaurant called Carmelo's in West Vancouver that my husband and I love going to. It's a small intimate restaurant that serves the yummiest Italian dishes. The first time we went to Carmelo's was on my birthday. The food is great and the prices are even better. Crazy as it sounds, my favorite item in the restaurant is the spread that is served with their bread. It's free but I LOVE it! I'm going to find out exactly what it is tonight when I'm there.



Anyway, we're going to be having dinner with the Sinclairs; our daughters go to school together. We've talked about getting together for dinner for about 2 years (crazy, huh?) and it's finally happening! Anyway, after dinner, we're going to go take the girls to Dundarave to see the Christmas Trees. Apparently there's over a hundred decorated trees. That ought to be fun!

Since it's freezing outside - tonight the temperature should be hovering around zero degrees, I've decided that I really need to bundle up. So, I'm going to be wearing my cozy, yet festive black Cashmere Sequin Cardigan. Under that, I'm going to wear the Perfect Fit Flower Tee in Camel, Jeans and a pair of chunky-heel brown boots. To accessorize, I'll be wearing my Crystal Dot Enamel Bracelet, a pony hair belt in a Leopard Print and carry my new Serengeti Clutch purse. And to keep me warm as we walk outside tonight, I'll be wearing my newest coat purchase - the Plaza Cashmere coat with Thinsulate plus a black wool scarf, of course.



I've only worn the Cashmere Sequin Cardigan one other time. It is a size Small and it fits perfectly. (I wear a size 4 top). It hasn't pilled much as others had noted. It is warm and I love the feel of the cashmere. I also like how the sequin adds a bit of flash without looking like I'm some Cabaret act.



I love the Camel color of the Perfect Fit Flower Tee but the placement of the flower is in a really wrong place! Has anyone else noticed that? Before I got out tonight, I'm going to cut and resew the flowers and place them in a better spot. Otherwise, what's the point of having the flowers, right? I wear a size Small in the Perfect Fit Flower Tee.



Cashmere Plaza Coat - I love this coat as well. It is a size 4 and it's a perfect fit. I had originally purchased it in a size 6 and it was way too big on me. It looked like I was playing dress up in my mom's stuff! Since I'm only 5'4" tall, it stops just above my knee. It's very cozy and warm and is the perfect topper for very cold weather.


Serengeti Clutch - I have a love-hate relationship with this clutch bag. I love the print and the patent leather. It's the perfect size and the strap is ideal. My only complaint is that the zipper hangs out. Isn't that crazy? A long zipper runs horizontally across the bag when you lift the flap. However, the zipper doesn't end at the edge of the bag but continues for about an inch and hangs outside the bag. I just don't get it. But it's an unusual piece and I would be hard press to find something else like it so I've decided to keep it. I'm going to find a way to fix that zipper though.


So, what are your plans for this evening? And, what will you be wearing? Whatever you have planned, I hope you'll have a wonderful evening!

6 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

LOVE your outfit! Have fun tonight!!! As for me...I ran to my local J.Crew tonight and got the Sonia clutch and pink Licorice tee...so cute! Now I am watching a Christmas cartoon with my 4 boys. :) Btw...what time zone are you in?

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Oh...I wore my GAP Essential Jeans in Dark Tint, J.Crew Cashmere Tee in Snow, Orange Lucille Jacket, Camel Boots, and carried my British Tan Coach Bag when I went to the mall. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, your outfit sounds just darling! The color combination is fantastic. How do you find the Orange Lucille Jacket? Do you find it itchy? I love the look but am hesitant in buying it for fear that it would be itchy. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Lucille.

I am on the West Coast - so I'm on Pacific time. I am not familiar with the Sonia clutch so I went to look it up. Oh My Gosh! It's $199 for the snake-skin! Did you buy that one?

I have the pink licorice tee as well. I originally purchsed it in the small. It fits but I didn't like it that fitted on me so I ended up ordering the Medium. I love the looser fit. I would love for you to do a Polyvore for the Tulip Licorice Tee. I don't know what cardigan to wear with it. I think Black is just too sever with it. The Lea Cardigan in Brigh Tangerine is on it's way to me. What do you think of that with the Tee? I'm sure you can come up with a better combination. I would love to hear or see (wink!) your thoughts on this.

I hope you had fun with your 4 boys last night. How old are they?

Dinner was fantastic. As always, I ate way too much. Then we went down to Dundarave to see the Christmas trees. We would have stayed much longer but it started snowing heavily so we left. Furthermore, it was FREEZING!!!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Good Morning! I absolutely LOVE my Lucille Jacket, and don't find it to be itchy at all! I get tons of compliments everytime I wear it, too. :)

I purchased the Laminated Crackle-Metallic Sonia Clutch seen Here .

I also sized up to a Medium in the Licorice Tee...I find the tees tend to run small and just fit too tightly if I don't size up. Is the one we have called Tulip? If so, I would suggest layering an ivory or orange tee or turtleneck under it...I also think the Bright Tangerine Cardigan will work. I'm going to wear mine under my Ivory Maggie Jacket with Dark Denim Trouser Jeans, and possibly with my Bright Rhubarb Belle Skirt. I did a set for it with the Bright Flamingo Taffeta Skirt, too. I'll definitely work on some more sets with it. :)

Your dinner sounds fantastic, and like you had a lot of fun! I wish we would get some snow, but it's been in the 70's, so I don't see that happening anytime soon (try never, except for a flurry or two). ;)

Btw...my boys are 10,5,3,and 21 months...NEVER a dull moment at my house, or in my life...needless to say! :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Oh, I like your Sonia Clutch. You're so lucky to have gotten it. It's completely sold out online. Did you get a great deal on it? I'm soooo envious (in a good way that is). :)

I wasn't going to wear my Licorice tee until you helped me put an outfit together but it was so darn cold this morning. I needed to layer up so I ended up wearing my Licorice Tee with my Martine Cardigan. I think it would look better with the Bright Tangerine Lea.

How do you look soooo amazing with 4 boys? My daughter is almost 9. It was only in the last couple of years where I found time to work out. You look fabulous, hence the FabulousFloridaMommy. :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I love the tee with the Martine...I bet it matches just about perfectly, too!

I used to workout, but really don't have time to anymore. At one point I didn't even have to watch what I ate, but in the past couple of months I have noticed that's just not the case anymore, and now I am more concsious about what I eat on a daily basis...definitely NOT fun!!! I think having such little ones helps, as I am constantly moving or chasing after them...guess that's my workout now. ;)