Sunday, December 21, 2008

STOOOOOPID SNOW!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT I HAD PLANNED TO WEAR TODAY .....




AND, THIS IS WHAT I ENDED UP WEARING TODAY!


I told myself that I wasn't going to dwell on the weather anymore. Afterall, it's the first day of Winter and the weather is supposed to be cold, right? I'm sooooo past the cold, really but the SNOW????!!!! $#%@! I hate the snow in the city. Hate it, hate it, hate it! Just in case you had any doubt about my feelings about the snow, let me leiterate, I hate the snow. Well, okay, if you must know, if I don't have to go anywhere, the snow's fine. It's so pretty, falling ever so softly onto the ground, providing a wonderful silence in the air. I would lie on the sofa by the fireplace, drinking a delicious mug of Macaroon (see recipie below) and reading a "chick" novel. What a wonderful way to spend one's day, right?

Er, WRONG!!!! I had plans today! Yes I did! Before Church, I had planned on going Grocery shopping and after Church, I had planned to drive out to my friends - Scott and Kathy Power's place in Langly to say good-bye to them. You see, they're moving to Toronto and today was to be their Farewell party. Did I do any of that? Er, NO!!!!

We had a wonderful dinner party last night at our place. We served a delicious Italian meal, with an 8-selection Antipasta starter, a deliciously light salad with Goat-Cheese, Pomegranate Seeds and Pine Nuts, the yummiest Garlic-Cheese bread (my husband's speciality), a Rigatoni Salcicia with Chorizo and Italian Sausage and finally, a Yule Log. Needless to say, there was a lot of Red Wine to wash all the food down.

So this morning, my husband woke up to a pounding headache. Hmmmmmm.... Can you say Hang-Over? I wonder if it could possibly be the entire bottle of wine that he polished off last night? Er, DEFINITELY!!!

I got out of bed and was outside to shoevel the snow at 7:30am. I don't normally shovel snow. That's my husband's "thing". But I thought that I'd be a good wife by helping him out and he could sleep-off his hangover off. I shovelled from 7:30 to 9:30. Our driveway was perfectly clear when it started to snow again. DRATS!!!!! AFTER ALL MY HARDWORK TOO!!!! $#%@!!!!!!! Before it got real bad, I thought, I had better get my grocery shopping out of the way. So I got in my car, drove out of our Cul-de-Sac onto the main road. The road looked decent. The Snow Plow must have just come by and I was right behind the Salt-Truck. Pretty good, right? Er, WRONG!!! As soon as I got the first light, the Salt-Truck turned off and what laid in front of me was an UNPLOWED road. I cringed, knowing that my poor All-Season Radials might not be able to make it. The snow was deep and had been travelled on by numerous SUVs with Snow Tires and here I was in my cute little Honda Civic with All-Season Radials. I knew that it was going to be a trecherous drive. Now, I live on the side of a hill and where I had to go was all the way downhill. I knew that going down wouldn't be a problem but getting home would likely be a nightmare. So I put my little car in 2nd gear and drove over the super slippery snow towards the Grocery Store. Although the stretch of road I was on was relatively flat, my poor little car started sliding sideways. I knew that I just wasn't going to be able to get to the store today so I turned around to come home. Because there was a little incline going home,my car refused to do what I wanted it to do. I was barely going 5 mph at this time and my car was literally doing the "cha-cha" on the road - swinging it's back-end from side to side. I knew then that I wasn't going to be able to make it to church let alone the hour long drive out to the Powers for their Farewell party.

I had planned to wear my new Guess Jeans, Perfect Fit Flower Tank, and my Merino Melanie Sweater to the party. Instead, I spent the entire day in my Sweats. How attractive is that???!!!! Despite the fact that I was disappointed that I didn't get to do anything I needed and wanted to do today, I did get a lot accomplished. I am done wrapping and labeling all of my Christmas gifts. I cleaned up the house (since our cleaning ladies weren't able to make it up the hill to clean today) and I got to take a nap. That was the best part of my day. My nap!

Anyway, it's now slightly after 8pm and it's still snowing. CAN YOU FREAKING BELIEVE IT???? IT'S STILL SNOWING!!!!! It hasn't stopped since it started at 9:30 am this morning. We've been out to shovel the snow about 5 times already - remember, once by me and 4 other times by my husband who's finally recovered from his hangover. I heard on the news that the snow is supposed to stop sometime in the night and that the roads should be fine for rush-hour tomorrow morning. I honestly hope it stops because yet again, I have great plans for tomorrow!!!


* CHOCOLATE MACAROON FOR TWO *

INGREDIENTS
2 cups milk
1/3 cup good quality milk chocolate, grated
2 oz original flavor Malibu Rum
whipping cream
chocolate shavings

DIRECTIONS
Put milk into a microwave-safe container and cook on High in microwave for 2 minutes. Mix in chocolate, stir until smooth.

Pour into 2 mugs. Pour 1 oz Malibu Rum (original coconut flavor) into each mug. Stir. Garnish with whipping cream and chocolate shavings if desired.

5 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

OH NO!!! I'm SO sorry all of your Sunday plans were ruined, and it must be SO NOT FUN to shovel snow!! (At least it's a good workout. ;) Your planned outfit was SUPERCUTE, and even the outfit you ended up wearing to shovel snow and hang out all day was cute, too! :) I think you are supposed to be getting another round of snow in the next couple of days...is that true?

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

OH...forgot to tell you! I wore my Charcoal Berry Astrid, Dark Slate Candy tee, dark trouser jeans, gray boots, and snowball necklace out shopping to the mall AND TO WALMART!!! That's RIGHT!!! I was in Walmart looking SUPER FABULOUS in my Berry Trim Astrid Jacket surrounded by swarms of shoppers in shorts, ripped t-shirts, blue jeans, and flip flops...I actually found it quite amusing. ;) I wonder if Rachel Zoe or Jenna Lyons ever go shopping at Walmart?

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I created Polyvore sets for both oufits I wore with the Berry-Trim Astrid and posted them on my blog. :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, I simply LOVE the polyvore sets you created. You're such a Genius when it comes to mixing and matching. You truly are FABULOUS!!!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

THANK YOU!!! :)