Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Strange yet Wonderful Christmas

Outfit for December 30, 2008

Ruffled Henley in Bright Blue - Small (J Crew)
Cashmere Sequin Cardigan in Black - Small (J Crew)
Flared Cuffed Trousers in Charcoal - Size 5 (Reitman's)
Crystal Bracelet, Necklace and Earrings - Holt Renfrew
Pumps - Nine West
Shoulder Bag - Coach


I'm glad to be home FINALLY!

We lost power on Christmas Eve and after 6 hours without heat, we packed up and moved to my parents. The original plan was to stay until the heat came back but we ended up staying 5 days! Our power was back on Dec 26 but then, we got snowed in! Do you know how hard it is to pack not only your clothes, but presents and turkey and trimmings without light???? Furthermore, do you know how hard it is to wear the same old clothes day in and day out??? ARGH!!! It was insane!

But I had a wonderful Christmas with my family nonetheless. And just in case you were wondering, Yes, I got EVERYTHING I wanted. How? It's because I purchased everything I wanted from J Crew, gave it to my husband and had him wrap it all up for me so that he could give it to me on Christmas Day. What a brilliant idea, don't you think?

I'm such a difficult person to shop for. I really am! My husband's said those words exactly himself. It's not that I'm picky, it's just that I like things "just so". And while surprises are nice, I would rather have things that I want versus things that I don't want or like. I like to think that I'm not difficult, just specific, that's all.

Anyway, back to my Christmas Presents, everything I wanted from J Crew, I got, which was great! So, you're likely dying to find out what I got. Well, I got 6 Lea Merino Cardigans, the Candy Tee in Champagne, the Herringbone Ecole (I took pictures of both of these when I tried them on and then gave them to my husband for wrapping), a pair of Guess High-Heel Flared Jeans (that look absoluately HOT on), a stunning black Silk Sleeveless Blouse from Club Monaco, and a clutch bag and couple of jewelry pieces from BR. I know I had a couple more things from J Crew but that's all I can remember for now. Anyway, all of these were packed into a large box and wrapped up. My husband and I tried containing our laughter when my mom exclaimed that he's such a great shopper and that he knows my taste perfectly. YES, HE DOES MOM! HE'S JUST AWESOME!!!


Although I loved all of my J Crew purchases, the thing that I received, that I loved the most, was my Purse Sitter. Yes, it's a purse hook. No, I'm not a freak! Yes, it's cheap! And yes, I really love it. You see, I've got this thing about putting my purses on the floor. I NEVER EVER put my purses on the floor - doesn't matter where we are, whether it's at home or at a restaurant or worse, a restroom, I NEVER put my purse on the floor. It never once occurred to me that my husband would ever notice this pet-peeve of mine. I guess he did. He bought me a Purse-Sitter. So instead of hanging my purse off my chair or leaving it on a seat of its' own or hanging it off my knee, I can now hang it off the table via a purse hook. Isn't that cool? That's my favorite Christmas present this year. I love it because it tells me that my husband actually listens to what I say. Thank you Honey!

I hope I hadn't worried anyone with my absence. I apologize for being a few days late but I would love to hear what you got for Christmas and what was your favorite present. Please share! :)

5 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I'm so glad to know you and your family are safe! Congratulations on all your Christmas gifts! I also shop for my own presents...my Black Maggie Jacket was actually one of my gifts, plus a pair of Black Suede Michael Kors boots, and the Dainty Knotted Gold Necklace from J.Crew. I also received the Champagne Licorice Tee, and a couple of Jackie Cardigans.

Btw...I have the exact same obsession about my purse, and they NEVER, EVER, EVER GO ON THE FLOOR...not even at home!! Where did you ever find out about the purse sitter, and where did you get it? I WANT ONE!!!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi FFM,

Here's the website for the Pursesitter. http://www.pursesitter.com/ (sorry, I don't know how to make this into a link. Maybe you can help me with it.) My husband purchased it from a store locally but I know that you can order it online. Isn't it such an ingenious idea? I absolutely LOVE it and have used it several times since. They've got a number of different designs. I hope you find one that you like.

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Thanks for the link...which kind did you get? Btw...here is the site where I learned to make the hyperlinks: How To Create Hyperlinks . What you type in is on the left, and how it appears is on the right. Let me know if you need any help! Test it out on here to see if it works. :)

♥ Chloe said...

I. NEED. A PURSE SITTER.

I didn't even know such a thing existed! Awesome!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, the one my husband got me is not on the website. It's got some funky mosiac design on it. I would have preferred one of them girly-pretty ones but I'm not complaining. The fact that he's listen that I never put my purse on the floor is a gift in itself! LOL!

Are you going to get one?

Thanks for the Hyperlink info. I'm going to try it shortly.

Chloe, those purse sitters are awesome!