Friday, December 12, 2008

My outfit today - Berry Astrid Professional and Festive


Today's our annual Christmas Luncheon in the office and to celebrate the season, I have on the Berry Astrid Jacket in the Plum, Charcoal Flared Pants, the Perfect Fit Flower Tank in Dark Fog, Black Heels and Crystal Bangles for that added panache. It was snowing when I left the house this morning, so I've got on my Black Gramercy Coat (sorry, I couldn't find a black Gramercy coat in Polyvore - so I've used the Lady Day instead) and topped off my coat with a Lavender Pashmina scarf. The look is professional yet festive.

I love the Berry Astrid. I own it in a size 6P. I had originally purchased it in the Regular 6 but it was just huge and boxy on me. I also didn't like where the sleeves sat on my arms. They stopped right at my wrist which made it look like either I had a really bad tailor who shortened it too short or that I bought an ill fitting jacket. The Petite was a much better fit. The sleeves stop just above my watch, the body is more fitted (yet I had enough room to move comfortably in) and because it fit me better in the waist, it didn't look as boxy. I also ordered it in the 4P and while it still fit in the body, it was somewhat uncomfortable in the sleeves - particularly where my elbow bends. The 6P was the perfect size for me.

I've got the Perfect Fit Flower Tank under my Berry Astrid Jacket. It is a size small. I love the color for it sets off the Plum colorway perfectly. However, I'm not crazy about where the flower placement is.

To set off the Charcoal pants and Dark Fog Flower Tank, I've got on my J Crew Metallic Bow Belt. I absolutely LOVE this belt and everytime I wear it, I get complimented on it. It's very metallic but not overpowering, if you know what I mean. However, I do have 1 complaint about this belt. Actually, it's about all belts that buckle up anywhere other than the front. Because this belt buttons up in the back or on the side (which i normally do), I have to take the entire belt off and hang it up when I have to go to the washroom. It's a real drag. But that's my only complaint. Other than that, I love this belt.

How do you wear your Berry Astrid Jacket?

13 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Hi Crew_Girl_In_Canada! LOVE your outfit today...so pretty! I have the Berry Trim Astrid in Charcoal, and will be wearing it with a dark gray t-neck from Target that is the exact color of the berries on the jacket, for a monochromatic look on top. I plan to wear my GAP Essential jeans in the regular tint, with gray Steve Madden boots, and GAP gray patent *faux leather* clutch. :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bug pin said...

Great outfit!

I wore my plum to a party recently with the shoe tee and layered pearls. I wore vintage, ripped jeans and great tweed peeptoe pumps that have varying shades of plum, creme, black etc. Fun~high/low combo..stolen from the pages of JC;)

BTW-I am still seeking a peek at the Paris catalog. You wouldn't y chance have it and the ability to scan it would you? Or send it to Alexis for posting. I know several people are seeking a peek at this one! TIA!

gigiofca said...

What size did you get in the berry astrid? I got a 2 and it fits well, but I keep wondering if I should have gotten a 4. I haven't worn mine yet for that reason.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, your outfit sounds fantastic! Where are you wearing your outfit to? I love the look of the Berry Astrid with Jeans. It's too bad that I can't wear jeans to the office, otherwise I certainly would!

Bug Pin: I originally had pearls on with my Astrid yesterday but it made it look too matronly with the flared wool trousers. I agree, the Pearls would look FANTASTIC with ripped jeans. I just love that look! Maybe one evening when we go to an NHL Hockey Game or if we're out to dinner, I will have to pair the Berry Astrid with Jeans. As for the Catalog, I don't have a copy of the Paris Catalog. At the office I have a link for some old J Crew Catalogs online. Are you familiar with that link? I will check it on Monday. What is your email and I'll email the link to you. (Sorry, I don't know how to post links to my blog).

Gigiofca: Originally, I purchased it in the 6 Reg and found it too big. I then got the Bright Blue in a 6P and liked the fit. Then I purchased the 6P and the 4P in the Plum. I find the 6P feels more comfortable on me. I am one that needs a balance between looking great and feeling comfortable. While I can wear the 4P, it's snug in the crook of my elbow. But it fits nicely in the chest as well. There's really only a 1" difference between the P4 and P6. And since I would rather have comfortable elbows, I went with the P6. To give you a better idea of my size, I measure 34" around the chest with a bra on. I hope this info helps.

gigiofca said...

Thanks for the info. I would be interested in trying a 4 or 6P. I could NOT make up my mind at the time and didn't want to order 2 sizes. I'll just have to keep going to the gym. ;-)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

I will be wearing my Berry Astrid out to dinner with my DH, to church, and even out shopping...yes, even shopping...I believe you should dress to be fabulous anywhere and everywhere you go! ;)

I first ordered a size 2, but have a size 4 coming tomorrow to see which one fits better. I will report back once it gets here. :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Btw...here is a link to some of the older catalogs...too bad Paris isn't included! Click Here .

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

A fellow Aficionada on JCA posted some of the Paris catalog: Click Here . :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, I can definitely see wearing the Berry Astrid out shopping! It would be stunning and I'm sure it would garnder lots of attention and compliments.

I plan on wearing mine shopping, to dinner, church, etc. But I won't be able to do that until at the earliest mid to late April - because it would just be too cold anytime before that. I can also see myself wearing the Berry Astrid to an NHL Hockey Game. My husband is in the Media industry as well and we get invited to a dozen or so hockey games throughout the year. We get to watch the games in private suites where you don't have to jostle with others for food and drinks, etc. It's truly civilized and the jacket would be perfect for the occasion. If it would only get warmer soon, sigh!

Please let me know what you think of the fit on the 4. I'd love to hear it.

Gigiofca, just wondering, how does the size 2 fit in the arms?

FFM, thanks for posting the links to the old Catalogs plus the Paris one. It's a beautiful catalog. It's the first time I've actually seen it. Thanks again!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Oh the hockey games sound like fun! You will look SO FABULOUS there in your Astrid! :)

I'll report back later today on which size I decide to keep, too.

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Ok...so the size 4 came today, and I am SO undecided on what to do! The 4 definitely fits better in the shoulders and upper arms, but feels a bit too big in the chest and torso, although I can wear a long sleeve shirt with it comfortably. The size 2 is more fitted through the shoulders and arms, but looks a lot better in the torso and waist...it also hangs better when I leave it open. I will try both on again tomorrow before I decide which one to keep, but for right now I am leaning towards keeping the size 2.

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Ooooh, that's a tough one. Not that you asked my opinion, but I'm thinking that I would lean towards the 2 as well. If you can live with the fitted shoulders and arms, I'm thinking that having it look GREAT in the torso would be more important. Let me know what you decide. Good night! :)