Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My J Crew Outfit Today - Victoria Cami Festive Professional


I needed to find the perfect outfit to get me from Professional work setting to my daughter's school Christmas Play after work. Since I work in the Media Industry, my office dress tends to be Business Casual - hence, a suit is not required. That said, I still wanted to look presentable just in case I had an impromptu meeting of any kind.



Originally, I had planned to wear the Merino Tres Rosette Sweater Tank with my Cashmere Sequin V-Neck Cardigan (I'll post a review shortly for both pieces). But when I put it on this morning for the first time (no, I hadn't bothered to try it on when it first arrived - big mistake!) I found out that I needed to size down. I had purchased the size S and it was too big on me. The neck was cut so low that the tops of my bra could be seen. So I scrapped that outfit and went with the Victoria Cami in Bright Fuschia instead.



I love this Cami. It's fun yet elegant. I love how the ruffles frame the face and I particularly love the color. However, I don't think that this cami looks particularly good with a suit jacket - hence I threw on the Merino Tartine Chiffon Ruffle Cardigan for a more polished look. (Moreover, it's cold in the office!) I feel that my outfit today is appropriate for the office, yet comfortable enough for my daughter's school play - since I need to run around and help her get dressed, etc for the play.



This Cami fits TTS. Since I'm only 5'3-1/2" tall, I purchased it in the 6P. There's enough room to move freely without excess fabric.



The Merino Tartine Chiffon Cardigan also fits TTS. I have it in the Small and it can be worn buttoned up or opened. I've got it unbuttoned with the exception of 2 buttons at the waist that I have buttoned up to give me a shapelier silhouette.

2 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Love your outfit! I have the cami in the same color, and it is one of my favorite pieces. I just ordered the Melanie Cardigan in Bright Fuchsia, and it is a perfect match to the cami, too.

Love your blog, btw! Keep up the good work! :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you FFM.

I adore my Victoria Cami. The Bright Fuschsia is just stunning in both the Cami as well as the Melanie Cardigan. Funny, how we're both thinking tone on tone because I just purchased the Lea Cardigan in Bright Fuschia to wear over my Victoria Cami.

Thank you for your compliment. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. I will certainly try to update it more frequently. :)

BTW, thanks for your email. The response was interesting but certainly not overly informative nor surprising. Thanks for trying though. You rock!!!