Monday, December 22, 2008

Go Canucks!


I'm off to the Canucks game tonight. Yay, Go Canucks Go! It's my daughter's first game of the season which is quite surprising since she tends to go to way more games that I do. The reason being, we don't have to pay for a baby-sitter for me.

I used to go to a lot of games. And I mean a lot! My husband likes to think that he's a "big wig" in the Media industry and gets lots of Comps to concerts, plays, restaurants, sporting events, etc. I play along so that I can partake in his freebies. But I digress. Anyway, when we started dating - oh, about 13 years ago, he would take me to approximately 20 Hockey games a year plus another 2 dozen Basketball games (that was when Vancouver had its' own Basketball Team) in addition to a number of other events, ie concerts, plays, ballet, etc. This continued while we were engaged and then married. WELL, this all changed after Caitlin was born. All of a sudden, I wasn't going to the games anymore. HIS BUDDIES WERE GOING INSTEAD! What's up with that???? I married my husband because he said those 3 magic words, yes, FREE HOCKEY TICKETS! What did you think he'd said???? And then after a couple years of marriage, I don't go anymore??? Well, that didn't sit well with me, let me tell you!!!

Anyway, I'm starting to go to the Canucks (that's our Hockey Team) games again. Can you tell that I'm a huge Hockey fan? If you must know, I love the game because I LOVE watching the fights. I love watching grown men fight and punching the crap out of each other!

Tonight, we get to go as a family. It doesn't happen very often but tonight's one of those nights. For the game, I've got on the Coppelle Paisley Byzantine Cardigan (yes, I know that the Polyvore shows the San Telmo in the Coppelle Paisley Byzantine print - but I couldn't find a picture in the cardigan so I had to use the jacket). Under the sweater is a v-neck long sleeve Perfect Tee in Bright Flame - perfect match for the cardigan and J Crew Bootcut Jeans in a dark wash. For accessories, I've got on a Bauble necklace from BR plus a black and gold enamel bangle also from BR. Black Ankle boots complete the look. I haven't been in Jeans all day - since I've been at work. I had on Black Wide-Leg Trousers earlier but had changed them to my Jeans moments ago. I've got to wrap this up because I have to meet my husband and daughter in minutes. Anyway...

The look is hips yet comfortable. Perfect for cheering on my boys!

What are you doing tonight?

5 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

HAVE FUN!!! You will be looking FABULOUS!!! :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Hey There!!! I hope you had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and that everything's ok...haven't seen you blog or post for awhile, so I hope and pray you still have power and your family is safe and warm!!!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Hi FFM, thank you for your concern. I hope I didn't worry you. We were out of power for a couple of days so we all went and stayed with my parents. We had a huge dump of snow on the 23rd and 24th, and then, we lost power on Dec 24 and didn't get it back until the 26 but by then, we were snow-bound. There was so much snow that we couldn't leave to go home. Anyway, we finally got home yesterday and I was just too pooped to do anything. Sorry to have worried you. I would have posted but my parents don't have a computer. Crazy, huh?!

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Oh, I forgot to add, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with all of your boys - big and small. :)

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

WOW!!! That is just INSANE...I can't even imagine being in that much snow! I hate being without power...it happens quite a bit during Hurricane season here, and that is the time of year I hate the most! ;)

I'm glad to hear that you are safe, and hope you had a very Merry Christmas as well! :)