Friday, December 19, 2008

Enoufgh Already!


Enough is enough already! Really! I don't know how much longer I can stand living in an upright Freezer. Come on! I am sick and tired of this horribly cold weather as I am sure you are tired of me complaining about how cold it is. I will certainly try to keep my complaining about the weather to a low roar, okay?


But really, I can so understand why people who live in Antartica, the Artic or Nunavat for that matter, (I love saying that word. Nunavat - it's pronounced like none of it - but all together, so that it sounds like none0fit) don't dress to impress. What is there to impress when it's freaking cold everywhere? What I hate more than the cold is having to recycle my wardrobe so quickly. As you may remember, I've been complaining that I am running out of warm clothing to wear. And it's true. It was barely a week ago that I wore my Cashmere Femme sweater and here I am once again, wearing my Cashmere Femme Sweater. URGH!


Don't get me wrong. I love my Cashmere Femme Sweater. I just don't need it to become a Friday staple, kwim? I much prefer to wear something, say once every 2 -3 weeks at most. I hate it when my outfits become predictable.


Yes, I used to be predictable. When I was much heavier, like 50 lbs heavier, I had a 5 day a week wardrobe. Mondays - Black, Tuesdays - Navy, Wednesday - Black (yes again, but hey, I didn't wear it on Tuesday), Thursday - Brown and Friday - Black (yes, once again but I broke up the monotony by wearing Brown on Thursday, remember?). Occasionally, I would forget that I was supposed to wear Black on Mondays and ended up wearing a different color (ie Brown or Navy) which really screwed me up for the week. So, yes, I used to be completely predictable and totally boring... until I found J Crew, that is.


No, I'm not kidding. J Crew introduced me into the world of color. In the past, adding color to my wardrobe was to add Navy, Browns and if I were super adverturous, I would add Beige. Imagine that! Beige. Not Bisque or Champagne. Beige. Sad really. But I digress.


Anyway, back to what I'm wearing today. It was Minus 13 when I left the house this morning. It was so cold that I didn't even have to scrap my car windows... there's no dew in this weather so there was no chance for dew to form and turn to ice on my windshield. So to keep warm outside as well as in the office, I threw on a Perfect Fit Long Sleeve Crewneck Tee plus lined wool black dress pants from Tristan America. Then the Cashmere Femme Sweater in Heather Plum and over that, a biker-style zippered fitted vest. My jewlery consists of a triple strand gold and pearl necklace plus my ever trusty Double Crystal Enamel Bangle from J Crew. And over all of these, I wore a Black Puffer Jacket. Having had 4 layers on, I was nice and toasty warm everywhere north of my hip and south of my chin. But everything outside my torso was freaking cold. Why does my outfit today look so much like what I wore yesterday? URGH!


My husband loves this weather. He says, "What's not to like, it's dry and sunny outside". Yes, but it's also so cold that if I licked a flag pole, I would risk the chance of getting stuck to it. Not that I would lick a flag pole but you know what I mean, right?


6 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Oh my goodnes...you are TOO funny! I can see how it would be a bummer always having to dress for the freezing cold, though. I sometimes think it must feel weird to wear a Blazer under another coat made more for the Winter. I've never had to do that...I know I stress a little when it gets really cold and I just want to wear my Maggie or Lucille, but they aren't warm enough, and I have to figure out something else. I can't imagine doing that on a daily basis! Sounds like you need to move to Florida!

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

goodnes=goodness

AppGal said...

I completely agree with you that j.crew has introduced me to color. I, too, used to be about 50 pounds heavier and since losing weight have found that I crave more color since I'm more comfortable with my body.

Hang in there with the cold :) One of my favorite quotes is "Without winter, spring would not be so welcome" by Charlotte Bronte. So true! Just think of the lovely spring to come :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

FFM, it's so funny that you'd say "I sometimes think it must feel weird to wear a Blazer under another coat made more for the Winter." You're soooo right. For obvious reasons, there isn't a need for an overcoat, let alone a winter coat in the warmer months. So, when the weather gets cold (and it happens pretty fast around here), yes it does feel very strange to suddenly BULK-UP with a winter coat over a blazer. But then again, I get used to that pretty fast for I get cold easily. lol! But the initial bulking up is an odd feeling, that's for sure. And yes, I've always talked about moving to Florida. I would love to retire in Florida one day! :)

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

AppGal, you used to be 50 lbs heavier too? What did you do to lose the weight? Good for you! You must be so very proud of yourself! And isn't it true? Did you find that when you were heavier, you didn't really want to draw any attention to yourself? But once you lost some of the weight, you started feeling more confident and as a result, felt more comfortable in your own skin?

I'd love to hear your success story! It took me 18 months to get down to my current weight. To lose the weight, I had to, in essence, change my lifestyle. I started eating healthy, exercising and generally becoming more active. The pounds simply melted off. I'm now maintaining my weight. Please feel free to share your story with me - only if you're comfortable doing so. I just love hearing success stories - only because I've been there myself.

Maggy said...

I really love the color of the Femme Sweater. I unfortunatly wasnt able to purchase one and had to get a knock-off from H&M.