Thursday, October 16, 2008

Metallic Giraffe Day Coat







At $64.99 this coat was too good to pass up, particularly when the original price was $425! The interesting thing is, until the point this coat went on sale, I honestly hadn't even noticed it.
But like I said, at $64.99, this coat was a must have. Despite it's amazing price, I was somewhat concerned about how "metallic" this coat was going to look in real life. I was also worried that I was going to look somewhat "Reptilian" in it. But I'm glad to say that I quite like this coat and that I certainly don't look like a metallic Iguana.

Yes, it's a little more Metallic than I would normally wear but since I am planning to wear this primarily in the evening, this coat is going to be the perfect dressy topper. I have read that the sleeves on this coat runs on the shorter side but since I am only 5'4" tall, the sleeves are a perfect length on me. However, I could have sized down and easily worn the size 4 comfortably. I purchased this in a size 6 and while it fits, there's a little more room than what I would normally like in the waist and hip area. The coat has hidden on-seam pockets, Mandarine collar with snap closure and a tied ribbon at the neck. And while pictures show that this coat may be worn unbuttoned, it's really meant to be worn fully buttoned. In fact, it looks rather strange when worn unbuttoned with the tied ribbon hanging off on one side.
The coat is also beautifully lined, no different than J Crew's Fall and Winter coats. However, this coat is way too light to be worn in late Fall or in the middle of winter particularly if you're having to walk any distance. However, I would have no issues wearing this coat in Winter if I were merely going from Car to Restaurant / Theatre, etc, where walking in the cold is not required.

I intend on wearing the Metallic Giraffe Day Coat primarily with a black turtleneck, dressy Black Pants or with a Black Pencil Skirt and dressy Black Knee-Length Boots. This coat will, in essence, be the focus of my outfit and personally, I think it will be quite stunning.

I likely won't get as much use out of this Coat as I would my other J Crw Coats but it's an Evening piece for me and I'm thrilled to have gotten it as such an incredible price. I can't wait for the holiday season to get underway so that I can wear my coat.

Rating: 4 out of 5
Fit: Definitely size down if you want a slimmer fit in the torso.

2 comments:

FabulousFloridaMommy said...

Hi Crew_Girl_In_Canada! Love your blog! I wanted to let you know that I DID hear back from Mickey Drexler on my *Shipping* email...can you email me at FabulousFloridaMommy@cfl.rr.com?

Crew_Girl_In_Canada said...

Thank you FFM. I really ought to do a better job of updating my blog regularly.

I just emailed you. I'm dying for you to share!