Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Fabulous Andie Bag


My Andie Bag finally arrived. I was very excited when I first ordered it. But while waiting the 16 days for it arrive, I started doubting my purchase. What was I to do with a Red Bag? Do I really need another bag? What if I don't like it? What if it's too big, too red, too shiny, too... too... The self doubt was killing me. Then it arrived at my office. I opened the box and fell immediately IN-LOVE with the Andie Bag!

This bag is beautiful! As promised by the J Crew Customer Service Rep, the leather was very supple. From the picture, I had expected the bag to feel plastic-y but not at all. It was soft, rich and feels like butter. The Flame colorway too is absolutely stunning. I particularly love the drop on the handles. The drop is long enough that it allows me to carry this bag on my shoulder unlike my Burberry Super Nova Plaid Satchel I purchased recently where carrying the bag on the shoulder was close to impossible and extremely uncomfortable. I never thought I would ever say this, but I love the Andie more than my Burberry... and I lusted after my Burberry for over a year before buying it.

The Andie bag is also very roomy. Fully lined, it has interior and exterior pockets. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the exterior pockets (the ones with the 2 exterior tassels) are actually on both sides of the bag. I'm extremely particular when it comes to carrying bags for I only like the bag's front to be facing out. With both sides being the same, I don't have to worry about which side faces out anymore. I love that!!!

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Fit: This is a large bag. While I am of average built, (I am 5'4" tall and weigh 125 lbs), I could see this bag overwhelming a petite person. But for someone of my size or larger, this bag is a perfect large size bag.

No comments: